You might be enjoying the summer heat by spending time at the pool to cool off. After a long day in the water with the sun over you, you’re ready to call it a night.
Even after a nice relaxing day at the pool to cool off, you’re tossing and turning from the heat. You keep waking up and flipping your pillow trying to find a cooler place to sleep. That constant cycle of flipping your pillow is lowering your quality of sleep causing you to feel tired the next day. Luckily, new technology has been developed for cooling pillows to improve your sleep and health. Ready to learn more about the benefits of cooling pillows for the summertime?
How do Cooling Pillows work?
Cooling pillows (like Beckham Hotel Collection’s) use innovative cooling technology to keep your head cool all night long. Inside, the super plush material is made with special gel fibers that provide cooling ventilation overnight. These gel fibers produce a cooling effect by pulling heat from the body to allow for sufficient air circulation and heat distribution. With twice the cooling power of a normal pillow, cooling pillows are the best pillow for summer when it comes to regulating your body temperature.
Health Benefits of Cooling Pillows
Besides cooling pillows being ideal for hot weather, they can have incredible health benefits to improve your well-being. Here is a list of how cooling pillows can help you live a better life.
Reduce the risk of Metabolic Diseases
- Metabolic diseases are conditions that disrupt the body's normal metabolism cycle. Lack of quality sleep from flipping pillows, changing positions constantly, and sleep-talking can increase your risk of developing metabolic diseases. The gel fibers in cooling pillows can help you fall asleep quickly and stay asleep. As a result of better sleep quality you’ll reduce the risk of potentially developing metabolic diseases such as mellitus, stroke, and heart disease.
Improve Mental Health
- The body is like a machine and needs to be switched off for a few hours every day to function properly. Without sleep, the body can not recharge causing a loss in energy and lead to anxiety or depression. A cooling pillow can help enhance your mental health by creating a cool and calming sleep environment to ensure that you are getting at least 6 to 7 hours of sleep. Adequate time asleep allows you to move through all of the sleep stages and helps boost serotonin production.
- There’s a reason we call it beauty sleep! Lack of sleep not only causes the body to lose energy - it increases the signs of premature aging. A lack of sleep can lead to various skin problems like black under eye circles, loose skin, and a dull complexion. Cooling Pillows can optimize your sleep by keeping you asleep longer and help you keep your youthful glow.
Reduced Risk of Breakouts
- The body radiates more heat at night, especially during the summer. Heat tends to gather and escape from your head. While you sleep you may notice that the skin on your face or your scalp feel particularly hot. As your skin and scalp heat up, oils are released from your skin’s glands and stick to your skin. This buildup can damage your skin and lead to breakouts. Using a cooling pillow can help you lower the heat radiating from your head and face to reduce the oils and limit breakouts.
Decreases some forms of Insomnia
- Repeatedly waking up in the middle night and not being able to go back to bed from night sweats can be extremely frustrating. Night sweats that are connected to hormonal ups and downs can add to creating some forms of insomnia. Keeping the head cool during the night with a cooling pillow can help curb excessive night sweats by regulating your body temperature to keep you asleep.
Why you should choose Beckham’s cooling pillows
With all of these health benefits, you need to make sure that you are picking a cooling pillow that has innovative cooling technology and is easy to take care of. That’s where Beckham’s down alternative pillows come into play.
Many cooling pillows are made out of memory foam, which can be frustrating to clean because they can’t easily be thrown in the wash and can be harmed by harsh chemicals. Beckham’s down alternative pillows are made out of super plush, high quality material with innovative cooling technology that is machine washable and stain resistant - making your life easier.
Some cooling pillows are only good for one sleeping position. Not Beckham's! Beckham’s Hotel Collection provides cooling pillows that are made with no-shift construction for maximum comfort for all sleeping positions.
For those with allergies, Beckham’s down alternative pillows are allergen and chemical free to help fight against allergy attacks that keep you up at night.
How to get the most out of your Cooling Pillow
We want to make sure that you maximize your investment in a cooling pillow for those insanely hot summer nights. Here are some quick tips on how you can get the most out of your cooling pillow.
- Keep windows closed and purchase intensely colored curtains. Color absorbs heat and keeps the room’s temperature steady. Blue and Green are relaxing colors that promote rest.
- Sleep wearing as little clothing as possible or choose pajamas that are made of natural cotton to avoid body insulation.
- Tuck a frozen cooling pad between your knees for up to 5 minutes to cool down the lower half of your body.
- Place one or both feet out from under your blanket to keep your body temperature balanced.
- Use a fan pointed away from your body to help air circulate in the room.
Now that you know the benefits of cooling pillows, you’re ready to get a full night’s rest during those hot summer nights. Sleep tight and enjoy your cooling pillow!
Contributing Writer: Madeline Collins